Using modern, advanced, tooth coloured, composite materials we are now able to reshape (composite edge bonding) and cover teeth (composite veneers) with minimal damage to the natural teeth. Sometimes no anaesthetic or drilling of the natural teeth is needed at all. Cosmetic bonding has many different applications for helping improve the shape of teeth, increase length of teeth and close gaps.
- Local anaesthetic may not be needed
- Conservative: no cutting of teeth is usually needed
- High quality aesthetics
- Repair: chips/fracture of the cosmetic bonding can usually be repaired
- Fast: this can usually be done over 1 visit
- Tooth colour: we encourage all of our patients to ensure they are happy with their tooth colour before proceeding (if they are not, they may wish to consider other treatment first e.g. tooth whitening)
- Staining: there is risk over time that cosmetic bonding can stain
- Debond: as we are relying on the bond of our advanced materials to the tooth surface, occasionally this bonding may fall off
Becoming a Patient
At Honley Dental we are keen to see our patient’s regularly to encourage prevention and to detect any problems early. Regular dental examinations are essential for ensuring dental and oral health.
For this reason we are delighted to offer the Honley Dental Care Plans, our own membership scheme. This plan enables us to provide you with the treatment and support necessary to prevent and manage disease, keeping your mouth healthy and keeping you smiling.