Dentures are removable structures that go over the gum and replace the missing teeth. The removable structure can be made of either metal or plastic. Dentures may be used to replace single/multiple teeth (partial dentures) or all of the teeth (complete dentures).
How to help prevent losing teeth?
- Brush twice a day using a fluoride (1450ppmf) containing toothpaste
- Spit out toothpaste but do not rinse after brushing
- Clean in between teeth using floss or tepe brushes
- Visit our dentists regularly for examinations
- Visit our hygienist regularly for hygiene services
- Maintain a healthy diet, low in sugars and acids which can be damaging to teeth
- Avoid hard/sticky foods e.g. toffees
- If you play a contact sport, ask your dentist about mouthguards
- Have cavities fixed early so that infection cannot reach the nerve of the tooth
- Natural and aesthetic appearance
- Can aid eating certain kinds of foods
- Easy to look after
- No drilling of teeth either side of the gap
- Removable option for replacing missing teeth (take it out to clean)
- Less support and stability than implants
- May affect speech
- Can be uncomfortable to wear
- Food can collect underneath
Becoming a Patient
At Honley Dental we are keen to see our patient’s regularly to encourage prevention and to detect any problems early. Regular dental examinations are essential for ensuring dental and oral health.
For this reason we are delighted to offer the Honley Dental Care Plans, our own membership scheme. This plan enables us to provide you with the treatment and support necessary to prevent and manage disease, keeping your mouth healthy and keeping you smiling.